Current Weight: 135 lbs
Highest Weight: 214 lbs was the highest recorded weight I can recall. But I’m pretty sure it was a good bit higher at the worst.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs was what I recorded in my journal in 8th grade. Naturally, I was tortured by what a huge whale I was. Ah youth.
Goal Weight: 130 lbs. But I’m stepping off the weight loss train this January 1 no matter what the scale says. That is my deadline.
Favourite Binge Food? I don’t have any kind of eating disorder. But foods that attract me to overeat a bit usually include nuts. Overall though, I don’t think we should call it a “binge food.” Real bingeing is when you eat thousands of calories in an uncontrollable situation, not when you eat six cookies. That’s not bingeing. That is just non-optimal eating.
Favourite Exercise? Yoga, always and forever. But I also really love running, and belly dance, and I am hoping to get back into riding a bicycle sometime in the next 6 months.
What Makes You Slip Up? When things don’t go the way I wanted them to, I try to regard that as an opportunity to learn something. These opportunities will typically arise when I did not do the work ahead of time in terms of planning things out with food/exercise/sleep. The more work I put in ahead of time, the less often I get an unpleasant surprise.
What Makes You Strong? My willingness to look deeply into my own behavior. My patience, my perseverance. I’m like a pit bull; I bite down hard and don’t let go easily. As you may imagine, this can sometimes turn out to be a liability.
How Many Calories Do You Consume A Day? Between 1500 to 2000, depending on how active I am. I try to keep carbs around 150/day, with varying degrees of success.
What Do You See When You Look In The Mirror? I see a beautiful person who’s been through a lot and come through stronger.
Are You The Fat Or Thin One Out Of Your Friends? Well, I was never really the fat one or the thin one. My BF for like 15 years is a lot larger than me, but a lot of my close local friends had been smaller than me… but I guess I am pretty much the normal-sized one now.
Are You Depressed? I suffered from chronic low-grade depression that was undiagnosed and untreated for more than 10 years, maybe more than 20. It got serious enough to mess up my ability to function and so I got help a few years ago. But now I am not depressed at all. And it feels damn good.
Ever Been To A Psychologist? Heck yeah.
Are You On Any Medication? Not now. Got off them all when I went Paleo.
1.Favourite time to workout? Morning.
2. Favourite place to workout? In my room. But I go to a couple places to do yoga near my house.
3. Favourite workout shirt? My tie-back tank from Lole with wide waist-band. It doesn’t flop off during inversions and it covers my bra straps whilst also concealing any unfortunate midsection contours.
4. Favourite workout shorts? I like anything from Lululemon. But I also have a sweet pair of booty shorts from Gap Body, with the little strings to shorten up the legs. So comfy.
5. Favourite song to listen to while working out? I am such a cliche yoga-head. I love stuff like Krishna Das, Wah, Deva Premal.
6. Weights exercise you like most? Squats of course. Good for everything.
7. Favourite post workout snack? Well I have been working out with IF for months now. But I’d have to say fresh fruit.
8. How do you get to your place of working out? Pretty much just trot upstairs. Or maybe drive south from my house for 3 minutes to my yoga studio. Gym’s 3 minutes north. Pretty sweet.
9. Would you workout if you didn’t have to in order to stay fit and healthy? Heck yeah, because yoga is just plain fun. And belly dance is fun, and cycling feels like flying. And all these things are even more fun as you become stronger and more proficient. So yeah. I would still work out because I love having fun.
10. Favourite thing to do to pass time during cardio? Breathing and thinking.
11. How many times per week do you exercise? At least 6 days, and usually Thursday and Friday are days when I do P90X and then go to yoga class after.
12. What gets you most motivated to workout? I originally got motivated because I was starting to get sick. I had diverticulitis, and a gall bladder thing, and of course massive depression. But now I’m motivated by how good I feel.
13. Do you work alone or with a partner? Alone. But I would love a buddy. Someone to run with or to yell at me while we lift? Or best of all, someone to do partner yoga with? That would be heaven.
14. Any embarrassing moments while running or at the gym? Well, I fall down in class all the time. Oh, and one time it was super-silent in yoga class and I had a massive attack of vaginal farts. Really loud juicy ones. Everyone was laughing until they cried and I could not stop. It was so mortifying.
15. Water or sports drink? Water. I like to put lemon slices and fresh mint in my water. So tasty.
16. Favorite thing about working out? It makes me feel so happy and strong. It makes me feel like a kid again, light and free.