Went shopping this afternoon. Tried on a bunch of stuff and was amazed at how small I am all over again. I’m guessing this stage of astonishment will go on for a good while yet. Maybe forever. No, I guess it will become old hat eventually… but not this year, I bet.
I bought something every yogini apparently must own: a pair of very small shorts for doing sweaty summer-time yoga, the kind with the little drawstrings on the seam so you can shorten up the legs and look even cuter. Size XS from Gap, y’all! Heck yeah! I promise to have my husband take some pics of me in these booty shorts next week. Tumblr surely wants to see another girl in booty shorts doing yoga!
I’ll probably put the shorts to good use this weekend. I’m going on a yoga retreat with my YTT class tomorrow and Sunday. Two whole days of vegetarian food, hours of yoga (in a yurt, of course) interspersed with nature walks, chanting, meditation and, no doubt, weeping on the mat as I have yet another yoga-induced emotional release. (I have had so many of these already that I am quite used to it by now.) Of course, rebel that I am, I shall be bringing packets of beef jerky with me, and also a large bag of pork rinds. I can’t go 2 days without dead animal flesh!
And as an antidote to all the seriousness lately, I picked up a book at the library. It’s a very emo romance about a lady of the Italian Renaissance period who gets forced into marriage… with a Were-Lion. I could not make this up if I tried, folks!
- theurbansquirrel likes this
- heymaker said: My friend Ashley is teaching you, I think.
- queenbliss likes this
- cookingcaveman likes this
- vinyasatovino said: Not just any girl, I want to see YOU in booty shorts doing yoga. Plus, I want some to match you. So, there’s that.
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- regainingmymoxy said: Hey just unroll the mat next to your cooler of beer and beef jerky. Don’t be afraid to fart and burp - it is just your body releasing toxins.
- blissmanifesto posted this