My stupid olde-schoole Blackberry was acting up something fierce, so I took it back to Sprint to see if they could fix it up on the cheap. They could, boo-yah, but it was gonna take a couple hours. So I went over to Nando’s Peri-Peri and had some insanely tasty chicken livers and butternut squash. And then of course I still had some time to waste so naturally I went shopping.
At CitySports, I picked up a sweet pair of yoga knickers. Guess what size? XS. Yep and they fit great. So I floated out of there like angels were bearing me upon their wings and ran straight over to LOFT, where I got several excellent pairs of shorts for summer. Guess what size? Size 4. Weirdest thing of all: as I stood in the mirror looking at my legs and stuff in these shorts, I realized that I could see a sliver of daylight at the apex of my legs. The thighs were still touching. But between the tops of the thighs and the actual crotch, I could see light shining through. It was a tiny little thigh gap.
I don’t even know who I am anymore!!
It’s particularly funny coming after 2 straight weeks of irritating weight gain. It seems I’ve entered that interesting zone where a person can be gaining weight and losing inches at the same time. I really don’t know what to think! I’m still annoyed about the weight gain and I still want to get down to 130 just on principle. But on the other hand, I am wearing a size 4 now… so maybe IDGAF what I weigh. I just don’t even know anymore. I feel thrilled and sort of weird all at the same time.
And I can’t even really call a girlfriend to chat about it because really almost nobody I know can understand at all. I only have one friend who’s lost significant amounts of weight, but she’s in a bad place and gaining right now so I don’t want to be all LA LA LA I AM SO THIN right up in her face. That wouldn’t be kind. I’m grateful you guys are out there to receive this post.
Can anybody out there relate?
- vinyasatovino answered: *high five* I can relate. I gave up gluten for ten days and LALALA my stomach looks so good.
- f1nallyf1t said: Wow. Size 4? That’s great. I think you might try to focus on inches, fitness and size rather than what you thought UGW was. I mean, who really knows their UGW until they’re near it — and maybe then it’s not what they think it is???
- f1nallyf1t likes this
- makemy0wnmagic said: I share your triumph :) that is amazing! I bought size small baking suit bottoms the other day and all but sang about it to my husband when I got home. I’m somewhere I never thought id be and so are you!!!! Congratulations!!! :)
- lifeweightsandpavement likes this
- justalilbrowngirl likes this
- getittogetherg said: I think letting go of the numbers is difficult… But just let go!! You’re obviously making the progress you want to see physically, so just let go of that number you see… Hot mama ;)
- shortmom likes this
- blissmanifesto posted this